Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Recess is Back!

How hard is it to stop counting at the number 2? Pretty hard. But it is a fun game and the beginning of another in a long line of ensemble development play and practice that children are experiencing in our Imagine That! program here at Kindermusik with Kathy's Music.  We think it is AMAZING how much self control and anticipatory thinking is going on in a little song like: Can Everyone Clap Hands With Me? 1-2!!!

Check out these Hand Clapping Games, many of which you'll know from your own "recess" days. My favorite is "Come All You Playmates." Why? Becuase that's the one my grandmother, Louise Dame, taught me as a little girl. She's not living anymore, but I can still hear her singing it...What a great memory! Makes me want to create some new memories with my own girls, Lyndsey and Sara.

No comments: