Monday, November 24, 2008

Morrison Family Thanksgiving Tradition

When my husband and I were married on November 30, 1991, we spent part of our honeymoon in Williamsburg, VA.  Its a magical place, especially during the holiday season.  We were really drawn to the holiday decorations made of apples, pineapples, and magnolia leaves.  AND we fell in love with some of the traditional foods served in Williamsburg during the holiday season.  So from our house to yours, here's a recipe we've been making every Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday since then.  Enjoy!

Cranberry Orange Relish
2 cups cranberries
1 orange, quartered and seeded
1/2 lemon, seeded (I often just use lemon juice instead)
1 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
1 cup pecans

Chop the cranberries, orange, and lemon in a food processor.
Add the sugar and pecans. Process briefly.
Cover and let stand at room temperature for 12 hours.
Refrigerate overnight.

Here's my addition:
Serve in a glass turkey bowl.  My turkey server came from Williams-Sonoma.
  

2 comments:

Simply Music Educators of the Twin Cities said...

okay - I didn't plan ahead quite far enough - will 6 hours do? Also I replaced the pecans (not a fan) with fresh ginger - yum. Thanks for the recipe! - Helen

Kathy Morrison said...

Oooh, so how did it go? You posted this on Thanksgiving morning. But, yes, 6 hours will work fine. I have made it and let it sit for just a few hours. Love the idea of using fresh ginger!!!