Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So why does Miss Kathy teach Kindermusik?



Just found this photograph today. It's a picture of my daughter, Lyndsey, and her Kindermusik Teacher, Miss Theresa.  It was taken the day that Lyndsey finished her first year of Kindermusik for the Young Child in May of 1999.  That's 10 years ago.  

Kindermusik was such a wonderful educational and social experience for Lyndsey and her sister, Sara.  My husband and I became believers in this program early on when we first attended classes with our children.  So, when Theresa Case asked me if I would become a Kindermusik teacher for her program in Greenville, South Carolina, there was only one answer.  The curricula is age-appropriate, rich, and engaging.  I believe that being a Kindermusik educator - having the opportunity to change lives and help make good parenting easier - is my life's best work.

Now 10 years later, I've been teaching for 9 years and running my own program in Pittsburgh - Mt. Lebanon, McMurray, Squirrel Hill, and Washington - for 5 years.  It all started with moments like the ones you see above, where we celebrated the joy of musical learning with teachers who really cared about my children.  

Thank you, Theresa, and Kindermusik International!


No comments: